Nothing impresses the ladies more than a monogrammed tote bag! (Click the pic for more details)
Our friends over at Tacky Tourist Photos have come up with a novel way to celebrate the waning days of summer.
Unfortunately, because of my connections to the Executive Board, I am not eligible to win this handsome customized tote bag.
But you are.
Curious what all the fuss is about? Get the scoop at the Budget Travel magazine blog.
Click here to hear Tacky Tourist secrets revealed only to WBUR's Monica Brady-Myerov.
Thanks to NPR’s Here and Now program for lending some intellectual street cred to Tacky Tourist Photos, my pet project that documents the goofiest vacation photos in the universe — and the fun people behind them!
Among the FASCINATING tidbits you’ll learn from listening to the interview are:
* Strategies for invading South American countries with pretty college co-eds.
* How French pedestrians reacted to our offbeat Eiffel Tower photo shoot.
* The real motivation behind tourists (like me) dressing as Anne of Green Gables.
* How to take the most creative vacation photos regardless of whether you are visiting an exotic tourist trap or your friendly neighborhood tourist trap.
* Why Turkish toilet seats are especially funny; and
* Why Tacky Tourist Photos refuses to make fun of our “guests” like many other picture-of-the-day humor Websites.
Click on the screenshot above to listen to the NPR segment. You’ll be thrilled that you did!